Stay current with regular updates from writers, advocates, experts and maternal mental health crusaders. Check here for topical news items personally handpicked by the Bird in a House to focus on healing and renewal in all aspects of your life.
- Amanda is proud to be working with the founding committee of the newly created Postpartum Support International’s North Carolina state chapter. She will be working with board members and other advocates to create another outlet for resources and advocacy there.
- Raleigh, NC’s Postpartum Education and Support has started a new campaign to help fund a second Moms Supporting Moms support group in Durham. Amanda and her fellow advocates are feature in the campaign. Learn more and contribute here!
- Amanda is proud to announce she is officially a Postpartum Progress Warrior Mom Ambassador. Warrior Mom Ambassadors are officially recognized volunteers for Postpartum Progress who commit to supporting other moms in their communities to raise awareness of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders and ultimately reduce the stigma associated with them. This new role will give Amanda more opportunities to engage and empower moms who encounter a maternal mental health illness. Amanda joins friends and sisters in postpartum recovery as a grateful member of this incredible group of women.
- New mother and photographer Nina McAllig documented her postpartum psychosis recovery by taking a photograph every day at the same time. Read more about her story and see some of her photos at BBC Newsbeat.
- Postpartum Progress recently announced a $15,000 award from the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) for the project “Into the Light: Using Health Technology to Develop a Mother/Family Centered Peer Support Network.”